Our COVID Response - Nottinghamshire County Council Care Home Visiting Guidance
Further to the email sent 6th October we would like to re-iterate and clarify the position in relation to Care Home visiting guidance in Nottinghamshire.
In the email sent the following advice was provided to care home managers:
If you feel you can offer COVID19 secure visiting arrangements, please contact us to discuss.
Visiting will be restricted to:
- Visits from Professionals who cannot undertake important tasks remotely For example, this may include Safeguarding, Statutory Advocacy in certain circumstances, Flu vaccination.
- Exceptional visits from family or significant others – for example to support end of life care, or where a person’s wellbeing is so adversely impacted it presents a significant risk.
We would therefore like to clarify that necessary visits from health professionals or social care workers should be allowed to go ahead this must be included as an element in the overarching risk assessment for your service. As part of the risk assessment for visits to the service care home manager’s are reminded to consider the following controls, please note that this list is not exhaustive and will need to be tailored to your service or the individual situation:
- Use of PPE following the most up to date guidance
- Checking colleagues or visitors for symptoms upon arrival (this could include recording temperature)
- Ensuring that the service has adequate handwashing stations and hand sanitiser available
- Ensuring that visiting colleagues are aware of the location of any individual who is symptomatic or positive for covid and where possible limit contact
- Ensure that colleagues have access to donning and doffing areas where required
- Ensuring that colleagues are directed to the individual who they are due to visit to ensure visits are completed with minimal contact with others
- Where visits from family members fit exceptional circumstances you are able to seek support from Emma Slaney or Rose Dent, IPC colleagues who cover your area will also be able to provide guidance